Thursday, January 21, 2010

About Virginia Mae Photography


I've finally taken the first step towards starting my own business... coming up with my business name! The reason I've chosen Virginia Mae Photography as my business name (seeing as my name is Sarah) is in honor of two very beautiful ladies, my grandmothers, Matilda Mae Barley and Virginia Pauline Barham. I never got to meet my "Nanny Mae" (my mom's mom) but I do share her middle name, Mae. She passed away when my mother was pregnant with me, and I wish I could have met her. My dad's mom, Virginia Pauline (we called her Grandma Joe), passed away in November of 2008.

With Virginia Mae Photography, I want to provide beautiful, unique photographs to your family, of your family. When photographing, I always try to catch the most flattering angle of each and every person, while keeping the moment light and fun! I love candid shots the most, the ones that really capture a person in the moment.

I have an Associate's Degree in Photographic Technology with a concentration in Photojournalism from Randolph Community College in Asheboro, NC. Photography is very important to me, as people change from day to day, year to year. I would love to photograph events (christenings, weddings, family get-togethers, etc.) as well as portraits of your family (including animals... I am a dog lover!). I also enjoy travel photography, whether it's small town USA or on the other side of the world.

Please e-mail me at VirginiaMaePhoto@gmail.com if you are in need of a photographer, and we can discuss what you're looking for in your photographs. I hope you enjoy the images on this blog... every image holds a special moment in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment